Thursday, September 20, 2007

Welcoming Myself Back

WOW! it's been three years since the last time that I updated the blogspot at Chambray Blog News! That is supposed to be a real big NO NO in the realm of blogging................ suicide by layers of inactivity!

Time indeed does fly by, although I have been told by those with more grey matter that time doesn't really exist, that it really is a figment of our imagination, something conjured by man to extend their sense of longevity. Okay, I guess I am not the rebel that I have always dreamed I was and will accept this rather nebulous, higher being intellectual premise.

So much has happened as the non-existent time does not wait for anyone in my three-year blogdom absence, too much to really document in the preferred short version story telling of blog scripting.

Obviously, I am still alive and kicking, so the saga continues or as Sonny and Cher would sing way back when "and the beat goes on".

My kids are 3 years older, Jessie, now 18, graduated high school in May ranked very high in her class and was awarded a full ride scholarship for 2 years at Miami Dade Honors College. I graduated from the regular version of Miami Dade back in 1970 with my Associated In Arts degree. I guess maybe she can explain this 'no time thing" to me.

My son Ryan, at 13 is the super athlete and is now in the last year of middle school. Last year he was voted Most Valuable Player in 2 sports, Volleyball and Softball. Now, what makes all this exceptional is that he is not yet 5 foot tall and the rest of the Volleyball players were well over a foot taller than he was!

Great things come in small packages and when you meet Jessie and Ryan you will know what I am talking about!

Shaune is my first born from my first foray into the married world is now 33 year's old and lives in Georgia close by with her mother. She now has 3 kids of her own, thus has bestowed the great honor upon me of GRANDFATHER. I capitalize that word because it is like a clock on a wall...........................it tells time!!!!!!! Forget what the worldly thinkers think, we are getting older and that is a test of time no matter what they say it isn't.

Well, I guess you know what my gripe is all about after all this absence of TIME from the blog scene.

Time, damn time........................even if there is the possibility that it doesn't exist, the clock is ticking and we are getting older by the minute.

Oh, excuse me, the higher brainiacs will tell us that there are no minutes, no hours and days just don't exist, years don't leap and centuries are just an illusion created by giant mirrors that we can't comprehend.

Ok, so I am back and will post my mind's ramblings from time to time, even if that time doesn't exist, however I know I exist because I have a terrible pain in the rear and that is real for sure!

Sandy Herzon
10:59 AM September 20th 2007

No comments: